Friday, June 14, 2013

Judging the Coffee

At my work there, is a guy that no matter how many times at day I see him, he is always walking around or getting in the elevator with a cup of coffee. This guy does not have any expression other than serious in his face, and every time we get on in the elevator he does not say a word. Where I work is a four-story building, and I get really aggravate when people specially this guy take the elevator just to go from the first floor to the second. I think he is not that old to just go up one floor from the stairs.  

The other day, I was walking to the elevator, by the way the elevator is really, but really slow, which can make you somewhat uncomfortable if you are inside with someone that have a face that said “DO NOT TALK TO ME!” Standing there, I realize that the coffee guy was behind me leaning against the wall with his coffee in hand trying really hard to breath. I just go toward him and ask him if he needs help or if he would like me to call someone. He told me no, that he was ok, that he just need to catch his breath, because he just use his inhalator. So, I just stand there with him until the elevator came. We get on the elevator and he gives me thanks for caring and asking him if he need help. I say “no problem.” He get out of the elevator, of course just one floor up and he say “have a nice day” and I say “you too.” I think that was the first time in more than 4 years that guy talk to me.

Yesterday, I saw him again in the elevator going up just one floor again, but this time I was not aggravate by that. He says hi to me and I reply back. I felt weird to receive a greeting from him. This experience teaches me that I definitely need to stop judging people and that people definitely can change for good when others show them humility. 

James 2:14-17
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Big Hug,
MRM

No comments:

Post a Comment