Friday, January 6, 2012

Thou Shalt Not Kill

I have been reading an interesting book “One Heartbeat Away” and find out that is a very interesting one, especially for people that have some trouble believing in unseen things, like me.  Mark Cahill explain with reference (proof) why God is the only creator of the heaven and earth, why we should believe in the bible as a true book, and many other interesting subjects that probably I will write another day.

The chapter that I am reading now talks about the 10 commandments, how interesting way of explain it, how terrible I found myself not following them, even the most obvious one.  I will just going to take one since they are 10; I guess I will have 9 more “Good Morning My Friends” to talk about the others J 

The sixth commandment that Mark explains is “Thou shalt not kill.” If you ask me today if I had kill someone I quickly will responds NO! Of course I have never kill. Now let me explain you how Mark clarify this commandment.  He said that “kill” and “murder” are two different things in Hebrew language.  He explains that the bible give us the right to defend ourselves from people who attacking us. Meaning, to defend our family, homes, our life or nations. Until now that is very simple, easy, and I am sure that we all agree with that.

Mark cited 1 John 3:15 everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. Now how many people you have murdered? Especially If God is able to hear our most inner thoughts, He wills knows whom we hate in His eyes, which one we are murdering.

Now I am going to make the question of 54,000 cents (an expression in my country). Have you murder somebody? Or do you still murdering somebody? I think honestly I have murder, not many, but some. Thankfully I considered myself a person that forget easily (I think), but still at some point I fail to follow this commandment.  I have to keep this in mind for my next confession!

Matthew 5:21-22
    21 “You have heard that the ancients were told, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER’ and ‘Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.’ 22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘You good-for-nothing,’ shall be guilty before the Supreme Court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Big Hug,
MRM

No comments:

Post a Comment